Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dance Parties, Tutus, and Good Night Prayers.

This week, my housemate (who is equally sassy and dramatic) and I have had the incredible honor and privilege of watching one of the houses while the Mama is away visiting her family.  The house is the home of seven beautiful girls, each coming with their own bold personality and unique sparkle. From purple and pink dresses, to flower prints and tutu’s, there is no room to doubt that you are in the presence of beautiful girls.

Beautiful girls, who don’t wait for music to have a dance party.
Beautiful girls who are fiercely independent yet incredible gentle.
Beautiful girls with big hearts, who love deeply and joyfully.
Beautiful girls who have filled my heart with their laughter.
Beautiful girls who keep me dreaming.

Next to the daily dance parties, my highlight has been a genuine time of prayer and worship. Last night, we gathered in the lounge, snuggled in our pajama’s and each others arms.  We prayed for restful sleep and dreams from heaven. And we sang thanks to our God and King in English and Siswati.  

The girls slipped off the couches and into bed.
We said our final good nights.
And I smiled as I realized that their sparkle will always be on my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment