Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blind Bitty

She cannot see me, but she can feel me.
She cannot see me, but she can hear me.
She cannot see me, but she can take my hand and follow my lead.

She can only experience me by what I reveal to her. By what I let her discover.
I offer her my hands to hold.  I offer her my arms to touch. Her arms drape over my shoulders and her head presses into my neck as I carry her up and down the stairs.

Other times, I sit on the floor with her and watch her play.
She is not wrapped in the comfort of my body, but I am still real.  I am still with her and I am still there.  As she plays I am silent. She cannot hear me.  But I am still real.  I am still with her and I am still there.

Whether she knows it or not, we spent the whole day together. Just me and her.
I offered her my care, and she offered me her trust.

....

I cannot see him, but I can feel him.
I cannot see him, but I can hear him.
I cannot see him, but I can take his hand and follow his lead.

Thank you Bitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment